"Our mission is to promote the sustainable economy and equal opportunities by developing an ethical, conscious and effective entrepreneurial attitude."
The Foundation for Small Enterprise Economic Development (SEED) was founded in 1990 by entrepreneurial representative groups, higher education institutions, financial institutions and ministries. According to the objectives of the founders, the organisation started its operation aiming to broaden the knowledge base of entrepreneurs and to develop a sound entrepreneurial culture and environment in Hungary. Due to its activity SEED has gained a so called public status in 1998. Depending on our clients' needs - besides enterprise development - part of our work is to strengthen the NGO sector and support civil organisations. In 2003 the former Ministry of Employment Policy and Labour acknowledged the outstanding efforts of the Foundation performed in the field of equal opportunities, and in the same year we became an accredited adult education centre. Our quality environmental management system has MSZ EN ISO 9001:2009, and MSZ EN ISO 14001:2005 international certificate for the activities of adult education, consulting, research and event organisation.
Our objectives are to:
- Improve the Hungarian entrepreneurial culture, broaden the professional knowledge of entrepreneurs, enhance the competitive capacities of small enterprises.
- Support deprived and minority groups in playing a more determinate role.
- Ministry for Innovation and Technology
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Confederation of Hungarian Employers and Industrialists
- Merkantil Bank
- Hungarian Association of Craftmen’s Corporations
- Hungarian Industrial Association
- National Association of Merchants and Caterers
- National Association of Entrepreneurs and Employers - Corvinus University of Budapest
Board Members and SC
- Chair of Board: Kármen Dr. BILLO
- Board Members: Rita Dr. SZÉP-TÜSKE, Gábor Árpád KŐSZEGI, Béla VÖRÖS, Zsolt István NAGY, Tamás Móró
- Supervisory Committee: László Ferenc SOLTÉSZ (chair), Eszter PURCZELD, Endréné SZÁMADÓ
- Gratitude and love we keep the memory of: dr. Ágnes TIBOR (CEO), Péter SZIRMAI (board member),
Teréz LAKI (chair of Board), Ágnes VAJDA (board member),
Imre GÁSPÁR (board member), Imre SÁNDOR (chair of Supervisory Committee) és Anna HORVÁTH (Managing Director, Quality Control Manager, Adult Education Manager).